Market-leading warranties to protect you from repair bills.
We know you'll be delighted with your new car but to ensure you have many years of happy driving, it includes an AA Warranty product that can help you meet the cost of unexpected repairs.
With a great range of features and benefits that you'll love, you're covered against a huge range of mechanical and electrical parts - potentially saving you from unwanted headache and thousands of pounds in garage bills should something go wrong.
You may also be able to extend your cover for longer at a competitive price, so just ask us for details. Full terms and conditions available on request.
What do I get with AA Warranty?
- Protection from mechanical and electrical faults*
- No limit to the number of claims
- Nationwide approved repairer network
- 24 hour customer support
- 12 months AA Basic Breakdown Cover^
Plus all of these great benefits:
- Car hire
- European cover
- Vehicle recovery
- Hotel accommodation / rail fare
- Transferable to a new owner
Without a warranty, you could expect to pay:
We offer three different levels based on your vehicle's age and mileage - see below for an overview of each plan type. If the failed part is covered, your warranty will pay out for the costs of parts, labour and VAT for repairing or replacing it, up to the specified claim limit.
- Protect Lite: An excellent level of cover for the older vehicle. Includes listed components under the main units
- Protect Essential: Almost all mechanical and electrical items PLUS key fobs up to £200 and in-car entertainment (including Sat Nav) up to £500
- Protect Plus: Almost all mechanical and electrical items PLUS wear & tear up to 85,000 miles, diagnosis, oil seals, DPF / catalytic converter, key fobs up to £200, unlimited cover for in-car entertainment (including Sat Nav and hands-free)
|Component covered||Protect Lite||Protect Essential||Protect Plus|
|Any age or mileage||Up to 10 years / 100,000 miles||Up to 8 years / 80,000 miles|
|Camshaft timing belt||Listed items|
|Gearbox / transfer box||Listed items|
|Drive system||Listed items|
|Cooling system||Listed items|
|Air conditioning||Listed items|
|Fuel system||Listed items|
|Wheel bearings||Listed items|
|Remote key fobs|
|Cover for electric vehicles|
|In-car entertainment & Sat Nav|
|Wear & tear|
What's not covered?
No warranty can cover for every eventuality so naturally there are some important exclusions. These include but are not limited to accident damage, wear & tear (unless you have the Protect Plus cover), bodywork, serviceable / ancillary items, driver abuse / negligence and not having the vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations.
How do I make a claim?
In the first instance, call the AA Warranty claims team on 01844 396009 or email email@example.com to advise them of the problem you're experiencing. They'll log the details and let you know what you need to do next. Important: All repairs must be authorised and validated by the claims team before any work is carried out.